and Terms of Service
This is the website of
We respect your privacy and find spam just as irritating as you do. In fact, for our own privacy, and to prevent “automated harvesting” of our contact information by spammers, the address and contact phone are displayed as a graphic image. To access the email address, you will need to fill out a simple “CAPTCHA” form. (CAPTCHA = Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart)
- This site is wholly owned and operated by Brian Edmundson, an employee (not a manager, lead, or coach) of Big Bear “Big” Kmart (generally working in the Home Appliance Department). This site in its entirety is produced independently from the employment at Kmart. It is intended to provide information and to help visitors choose products and options available at the Big Bear”Big” Kmart store, and help spread the word that these options are available in Big Bear Lake. It is in no way officially recognized or sanctioned by Kmart, Sears, Kenmore or any manufacturers referenced herein. Any links or references to sears.com, kmart.com or other related websites or links are for information only, and all content and policies on those sites are completely separate and independent from those of this website.
- In instances where prices or descriptions are out-of-date, incorrect, or otherwise inaccurate, the information at the official Sears website (Sears.com) will always take precedence. Please contact us at the above addresses so that we may make corrections. We make every reasonable effort to keep the information current and correct, but this is a one-man operation and updated during spare time.
- This website, its owners, operators, and employees are collectively referred to herein as “Website,” “Site,” “Our,” or “We.” (Even though the “owners, operators and employees” are all one person 🙂 )
- For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes the consumer’s domain name and e-mail address (where possible). We collect the e-mail addresses of those who post messages or comments, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
- Visitor’s comments left for article posts or web pages will not be immediately posted. They are first “moderated” to be sure they are appropriate. They may be edited, posted “as is,” or not posted at all, at our discretion. Email contact information is required in order to post a comment, but it will not be displayed with the post. If you wish to include a link to your own website or relevant information, you may include it in your post. If appropriate, it will be posted as is, or edited at our discretion. If you do not want your post made public, or you wish the post to remain anonymous, please indicate this in your message.
- The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded, used to improve the content of our Web page, used to notify consumers about updates to our Web site, or used by us to contact visitors for marketing purposes.
- Email will only be sent to you in response to email we receive from you, or if you subscribe to our email list. Users electing to subscribe to newsletters, enter contests or to access special sections, are required to supply certain personal information during a “registration” process. Information collected through these forms may be used by us to gather broad demographic information about our users in general, for audits, and to perform statistical analysis of user behavior in order to measure interest in the various areas of our Website.
- We do not currently offer an email list subscription, but when we do, you will only receive emails from us if you first verify that you actually subscribed. If at any time in the future you do not want to continue to receive e-mail from us, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, let us know by sending us e-mail at the above address, or write to us at the above address.
- If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by emailing us at the above address, by calling us at the number provided above, or by writing to us at the above address. Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list.
- Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed or information they have requested. If you do not wish to be contacted by telephone, please let us know by emailing us at the above address, by calling us at the number provided above, or by writing to us at the above address. Please provide us with your exact name and phone number and we will be sure your name is removed from the list.
- If you provide us with any personal information, such as address, e-mail, telephone and fax numbers, as well as demographic and customer identification, we will not disclose (share, sell or divulge) it to third parties unless we have informed you, been authorized by you, or are required to do so by law. We will maintain this information in accordance with our strict security and confidentiality standards.
- With respect to Ad Servers: Currently we do not use any ad servers on our site. If and when we do use them in the future, it will be to try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, using relationships with other companies that we allow to place ads on our Web pages. As a result of your visit to our site, ad server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
- From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
- Children: We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from or about children under 13 except as permitted by law. If we discover we have received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under 13, please contact us at the addresses listed above.
- Upon request we provide site visitors with access to all information [including proprietary information] that we maintain about them. Consumers can access this information by sending an email to us at the above address, or by writing to us at the above address.
- The information we collect or have on file may be disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website.
- If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number.