“Energy Star® Qualified Appliances
provide more than just long-term savings”
If you are replacing an appliance, almost any of the appliances we have available will be more energy efficient than one that is five, ten, or more years old. But why not do even better?
Did you realize that the average home spends about $2,000 on energy bills every year? By using appliances that have earned the ENERGY STAR ® qualification, you can save up to $600 a year in energy costs, while saving the environment at the same time.
Save Energy, Save Money
During the process of selecting your new appliance, keep in mind that it really has two price tags: the amount you pay to take it home and what you’ll be paying for the energy and water it uses.
ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances are designed with advanced technologies that use 10–50% less energy and water than standard models. You can more than make up for the cost of a more expensive but more efficient ENERGY STAR® model with the money you save on your utility bills .
Here are some examples of the features and savings available:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified washers can save you as much as $45 – $130 a year in water and energy. This means that you may save more in the cost of utilities than the original price difference as early as the second year.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified washers are gentler on fabrics and clean better.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified washers extract more water from the clothing by spinning faster, providing faster drying times.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerators often use less energy than a 75-watt light bulb.
- 2008-2009 ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerators now exceed federal energy standards by 20% – for even greater savings than the previous 2007 qualifications of 15% savings.
And … while you’re saving energy and money,
you’re also saving the environment!